Each April, BurlingtonGreen hosts this citywide event inviting all sectors of the community to get involved in cleaning up our beautiful city. To date, 77,000 participants have joined the collective effort resulting in cleaner parks, streams, school yards and neighbourhoods. Green Up event volunteers take part in a rewarding spring stewardship project.
Take Action for Earth Day
BurlingtonGreen, in partnership with the City of Burlington, is pleased to host this significant, citywide event every April, close to Earth Day.
The event invites citizens, schools, groups and businesses to join together to take action locally by cleaning up litter and garbage in several areas of the city. An Eco-fair celebration event is held on the afternoon of the Clean Up to thank participants, celebrate Earth Day, and give the public the opportunity to browse various exhibitors' display tables.
This year's event was held on:
Saturday, April 22, 2017 (Earth Day)
(Schools and businesses April 17 – 21)
Thank you for cleaning up Burlington!
Watch for our 2017 Green Wall of Fame slideshow coming in early May.
Last year's community litter Clean Up event & Eco-Fair Celebration was held on Saturday, April 23, 2016:
- Over 11,100 participants
- 88 groups registered (including 32 schools)
- Over 145 locations in Burlington cleaned up
- Over 275 people joined us at our Eco-Fair celebration at Central Library and bandshell area. Thanks for celebrating with us!
View photos of some of the groups that participated on the 2016 Green Wall of Fame.
Thank you for cleaning up Burlington.
2016 school prize draw winner:
- Notre Dame Catholic Secondary School – $200 cash prize to be put toward a school eco-action project (courtesy of BurlingtonGreen).
2016 post-event survey prize draw winner:
- Kyla of the "Kyla & Co." group – a BurlingtonGreen eco-prize pack (membership, stainless steel water bottle, reusable organic cotton carry bag).