Our Nature-Friendly Burlington program connects more of the community to local green space, stewardship opportunities and to a multitude of benefits nature experiences provide.
Discover our many Nature-Friendly Burlington Resources by clicking on the images below.
Learn. Discover. Care. Protect.
Thanks to the hard work and passion of the Bird Friendly Hamilton Burlington group, Burlington became the seventh city in Canada to earn the bird friendly city designation.
Advocate for Nature & Raise Awareness
Be a changemaker in the community and stand up for nature:
- Reach out to your ward councilor, local MP or MPP about the importance of protecting nature, and why it matters to you.
- Delegate to Burlington Council on the importance of continued nature protection by-laws in the community.
- Check out our various issue Speak Up campaigns.
- Share what you know with others in the community. Shed some light on the role that nature plays in mitigating climate change and reducing negative human impacts.
- Take the time to learn about local nature and how you can support it.
Check out our Events page for upcoming opportunities to connect with, support and learn about nature!
- Nature-based Climate Solutions Toolkit
- Why is biodiversity so important today?
- The Greenbelt Foundation
- Unflood Ontario
- Government of Ontario’s Tree Atlas – a guide to native trees to plant in your area
- City of Burlington’s Private Tree Bylaw
- Ontario Government’s Conservation Land Tax Incentive Program for protecting special habitat on your property.