Our Nature-Friendly Burlington program connects more of the community to local green space, stewardship opportunities and to a multitude of benefits nature experiences provide.
Tell us how YOU are connecting with nature, for your chance to win!
Every month we are asking a question about how YOU are connecting with nature. Each time you participate you will be entered into a draw for a chance to win a special eco-prize! The draw will take place at the end of December 2021.
Discover our many Nature-Friendly Burlington Resources by clicking on the images below.
Local Nature: Learn. Discover. Care. Protect
Advocate for Nature & Raise Awareness
Be a changemaker in the community and stand up for nature:
- Reach out to your ward councilor, local MP or MPP about the importance of protecting nature, and why it matters to you.
- Delegate to Burlington Council on the importance of continued nature protection by-laws in the community.
- Check out our various issue Speak Up page campaigns.
- Share what you know with others in the community. Shed some light on the role that nature plays in mitigating climate change and reducing negative human impacts.
- Take the time to learn about local nature and how you can support it.
Check out our Events page for upcoming opportunities to connect with, support and learn about nature!
- Ontario Nature
- The Greenbelt Foundation
- Nature Canada
- Government of Ontario’s Tree Atlas – a guide to native trees to plant in your area
- City of Burlington’s Private Tree Bylaw
- Ontario Government’s Conservation Land Tax Incentive Program for protecting special habitat on your property.