We’ve got a terrific fall line-up of fun, rewarding and impactful opportunities inviting your participation. Together, let’s make an impactful difference. Our shared environment needs our collective efforts more than ever before!
Check out the growing list of events and opportunities below.
Join us at the beach and enter your chance to WIN!
- September weekends through Thanksgiving weekend (Oct 9th): Join us at the beach for eco-learning, activities and ACTION! More here
- Get your raffle ticket(s) to enter your chance(s) to win one of two bikes including an E-bike! Get the details here.
- Check out our beautiful pollinator garden beside the Eco-Hub ( red brick building), to gather ideas on how you can ‘green up’ your own property. Free native pollinator plant seeds available while supplies last.
Kick start the school year with ECO-ACTION
- Back to School eco-resources & register your school yard litter clean up and receive FREE supplies.
- Join the BGYN (BurlingtonGreen Youth Network)! Local youth ages 14-24 are invited to connect with other like-minded young people as we learn about local and global eco-issues and news, opportunities to help the planet and more. Get involved today.
City-wide Community Clean Up continues – sign up today!
- More than 12,000 people have participated in this year’s city-wide litter clean up so far! More litter remains in our shared communities so we invite you to get involved by picking a location and date for your clean up and registering your clean up here. We’ve also launched a new Litter League opportunity where you can help clean up Burlington why fundraising to grow our environmental impact.
Together we can make Burlington’s parks, streams, schoolyards and neighbourhoods cleaner and greener!
Celebrate National Forest Week with us
- September 17: Burlington Tree Photo Contest begins! Capture nature’s beauty while entering your chance to win.
- September 20: Ask an Arborist webinar – a popular annual event!
- September 23: Tree Loving Care workshop at Millcroft Park – includes a native tree giveaway too!
Make the Switch to sustainable transportation & a greener home
BG’s Zero Waste Drop-Off Day returns!
Saturday, October 21st: start gathering your broken/unwanted electronics along with select items to be recycled and repurposed. And, if you’re interested in organizing a mini-collection with your workplace, community group or friends, please contact team member Sue for more information.
Help Shape BurlingtonGreen’s Future Focus
A greener future needs a plan, a dedicated focus, leadership, and of course, contributions from everyone. The development of our next 5-year strategic plan is underway and we are inviting YOU, the Burlington community to share your valued input to help shape our future focus.
TAKE THE 5 MIN SURVEY & ENTER YOUR CHANCE TO WIN!
New community programming coming soon
We’re excited to expand our nature-focused programming during the year ahead to include more presentations and hands-on activities for all ages at locations easily accessible to older adults. Stay tuned for details.