BurlingtonGreen is proud to present this dual-component event every 2 to 3 years to inspire and empower audiences to take action to help the planet locally. Internationally renowned eco-heroes such as Dr. Jane Goodall, Robert Bateman, Severn Suzuki and Sharkwater's Rob Stewart have been brought to this event to inspire thousands.
We would like to host our next Youth Eco-Summit & Eco-Awards event in the fall of 2017 but can only do so with funding support. Halton youth and teachers would be invited to attend the daytime Imprints Youth Eco-Summit for an incredible once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to listen and learn from the inspirational keynote presenter. The evening public event would include a special recognition of local environmental heroes at the Eco-Awards Celebration. If you or someone you know is interested in learning how you can make a donation or sponsor this high profile, dual-component event, please contact our Executive Director, Amy Schnurr here.
Past Youth Summits & Eco-Awards
(Click the links to view Facebook photo albums of the events.)
- 2014 – Youth Summit: "Experience a Revolution", with guest speaker Rob Stewart, Canadian filmmaker and conservationist. Venue: Burlington Performing Arts Centre. 600+ students. Plus, an evening presentation by Rob open to the general public, including an eco-awards presentation, with a few hundred in attendance.
- 2012 – Youth Summit with guest speaker Dr. Jane Goodall. Venue: Burlington Performing Arts Centre. 700 students from 72 schools. Plus an evening presentation by Dr. Goodall, including an eco-awards presentation, open to the general public.
- 2011 – Youth Summit with guest speaker Severn Cullis Suzuki (via video feed from B.C.). Venue: RBG. 300+ students.
- 2010 – Youth Summit. Venue: RBG. 300 students from 23 schools. Theme: Biodiversity.
- 2009 – Youth Summit with guest speakers Robert Bateman, Joel Hilchey. Venue: Robert Bateman High School. 400 students from 23 schools. Eco-Awards guest speaker/performer Sarah Harmer.