We are pleased to offer free engaging presentations and workshops to Burlington groups, schools and businesses throughout the year.
Get the best of education and action by participating in these dual-component hands-on opportunities made possible by the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation.
Begin by choosing from one of our 3 inspiring options below. Then choose a hands-on eco-activity, either native seed balls or vegetable seed starter kits, to put learning into action!
Workshops are suitable for:
- Children (Ages 8+)
- Community/Faith Groups
Workshops are available in-person and virtually. Please note that limited bookings are available.
be an eco-hero
be the change
Adult participants will discover locally-focused practical opportunities to live, work, and play more softly on the earth as they make the switch to a greener lifestyle.
This workshop for children includes two topics to choose from: forests as the “lungs of the earth” highlighting their vital role and how they can take action to improve local biodiversity, or a second option highlighting how growing and eating local produce reduces food miles benefiting the health of the environment.
This workshop for youth will provide an inspiring experience for participants to realize their ability to shape and transform the world in positive ways, through the sharing of empowering environmental change-maker stories and examples.
Previously Recorded Webinars/Videos
- Waste Diversion: Plastics
- The Benefits of Community Gardens Featuring Amherst Park
- Local Stories. Local Solutions. (climate change in Burlington)
- Up-Cycle Milk/Juice Cartons into Bird Feeders!
- Waste Diversion in Halton Region
- How do you get around? #MaketheSwitch | Cycling
- Food Waste & Mindful Consumption with Chantelle
- The Importance of Parks & Green Space: Tips to Being A Responsible Visitor In Green Spaces
- Compost Awareness Week Green Cart
Check out more educational videos here!
* We are pleased to offer presentations free of charge. Our services to the community do have associated costs, and we would deeply appreciate a donation to support our programs. Donations can be made easy and quick here.