Are you a creative person who enjoys nature and may require volunteer hours? Do you have family members or friends who are creative and want to share their creativity and messages of care and kindness with older adults living alone in Burlington?
BurlingtonGreen is seeking to engage community members of all ages, including children, students, youth, families, adults and groups to share nature-themed messages, cards, poems, artwork, photography, etc, which will be collected and distributed to 250 older adults in Burlington who receive monthly Good Food Bags from Food for Life.
As part of Age-Friendly Halton’s Connections Among Generations program, your nature-inspired offerings and personalized messages of hope and care will reach community members who may be experiencing loss of social connections due to Covid.
Different ideas for getting involved:
- Contribute by writing nature-themed letters, cards, and poetry – share about your favourite local green spaces, trees, plants or animals.
- Create artwork inspired by local nature.
- Submit your photographs of plants, animals or scenery in and around Burlington
- Try making it challenging and fun by creating nature-themed quizzes, trivia questions, crossword puzzles, illustrated scavenger hunts, bingo cards, and word searches! (be sure to include the answers!)
- Get outside for inspiration and ideas.
- Take time to create something that shows your care
- If you have a group that would like to engage with this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to review and follow the important guidelines at Connections Among Generations to ensure your offering qualifies for the program.
- Share your creative nature-themed offerings with BG via email (email@example.com), or email us to arrange drop off or pick up of your items.
- Note: Submission of items provides permission to BurlingtonGreen to use images of items in print, or in digital materials including social media platforms with permission to edit, alter, copy, or distribute the photos for media advertising and marketing
Thank you for making a difference!
Gratitude to Halton Community Investment Fund for supporting this initiative.