Your day-to-day living choices impact the environment in a big way. Take our quiz to determine your "Eco-Score" and discover practical ways you can take action to lower your environmental footprint. Retake the quiz after a period of time to see your improvement. Great prizes are available to be won for participating!
“What you do makes a difference,
and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
– Dr. Jane Goodall
BurlingtonGreen has developed this easy quiz to help you understand how your daily actions can help or harm the environment. Everyone's habits are a bit different. Choose the answers that are closest to your lifestyle to determine your Eco-Score. Prizes are available for participating!*
(Prize draw open to residents of Halton only)
The quiz is designed for adults or youth ages 12+, but may be taken by anyone of any age. Even if you don't drive a car or make household decisions, simply answer the questions as best you can.
Hey Kids, we have a separate quiz for you! (ages 11 and under) Take the Kids Go Green Challenge here to make your pledge to help the planet.
(Note: the Kids Go Green quiz is not part of the prize contest.)
By participating in the Eco-Score quiz, you can be entered into a FREE draw for a chance to win some great prizes!
Simply provide your name, email and the city you live in on the following page, and then proceed to take the quiz. You may also take the quiz anonymously, but you will not be entered into our prize draw.
(We respect your privacy and will not use your information for purposes other than participating in this quiz and contest.)
We encourage you to come back and take the quiz again after implementing some green living tips, to see how your score has improved. You’ll be entered into the prize draw again, doubling your chances to win!
* Prize and contest information...
Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) – a long-time supporter of BurlingtonGreen – is donating some great prizes again for our 2017 Eco-Score quiz and prize draw. The draw is open to eligible Halton residents (see full contest details below).
Thank you, MEC Burlington!
Prize Pack #1:
Deuter Giga Bike Backpack (valued at $165). Details here.
Prize Pack #2:
Deuter Race EXP Air Daypack (valued at $115). Details here.
Prize Pack #3:
Black Diamond ReVolt Headlamp (valued at $67). Details here.
Prize Pack #4:
Hydro Flask SS Beverage Bottle + Nite Ize SlapLit LED Slap Wrap (combined value of $60).
Details here & here.
The contest closes Nov. 30, 2017. Winners will be contacted directly, shortly thereafter.
- The prize draw is open to people of all ages, provided they are a resident of Halton Region (Ontario, Canada) and have signed in and completed the Eco-Score quiz.
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
- When a participant is under the age of 18 on the date of contest entry, permission of parent/guardian is required to participate and claim any prize awarded.
- Contest entry and draw eligibility is based on participation in the quiz and is not dependent on final Eco-Score obtained.
- Contest closes 11:59 pm, November 30, 2017.
- Prize winners will be required to answer a skill-testing question prior to claiming a prize.
- Chances of winning depends on number of contest entries. Prize winners will be selected by random draw from valid entries.
- Individuals may use only one valid email address to enter and may complete the quiz a maximum of two times within the draw period, waiting at least 30 days between entries.
- Entries found to be over and above the two allowed, or sooner than 30 days since the last entry by that person, will be disqualified.